Friday, September 3, 2010

Upcoming Stuff

First off, I'm on Goodreads, here. I really like it, even if I am a little OCD about having the right editions for all the books I'm reading/have read. I'm also not sure about how the community side of things works, but its fun to be on there.

Secondly, I'm going to see Armstrong & Miller later this month, then Chris Addison in November and also, finally, Chess.

Armstrong & Miller is the live touring version of a television programme of the same name created by Alexander Armstrong and Ben Miller, and contains skits such as an unsympathetic father, dinner parties, an ongoing really obvious affair that the husband does not get, and the wonderful Battle of Britain pilots sketch-which are two posh pilots, speaking in teenage slang.

Chris Addison is a comedian who I follow on Twitter (@mrchrisaddison) and he's a regular on TV shows like Mock the Week, has a guest-starring role as the headteacher in Skins and is generally awesome.

And then if you have no idea what I mean when I speak about Chess may I direct you here. It's a musical I adore, and the tour opened a couple of weeks ago, and you can view pictures and things here, but it's coming to Nottingham in November, and me and my friend are popping up to see it (YAY).

Also, way in advance, I'm going to see the amazing Arcade Fire in December in Birmingham.

There are also a couple of CD's I'm excited about:
  • Anthems by Kerry Ellis. I love Kerry Ellis. I'm not crazily obsessed, I haven't seen her in Wicked 50 times or anything, but I'll definitly be buying her solo album because her voice is amazing
  • Illuminations by Josh Groban. This has been a longgg time coming, and is apparently going to be a little different to his last stuff. He's kind of an operatic-pop-musical-cross-over guy, and his voice is to die for. Not many people here know who he is, and so he's best-known for his appearances in Glee, but, yeah, his voice is amazing
  • Les Miserables Live-This is the international 25th anniversary touring cast CD featuring John Owen-Jones, Earl Carpenter and, er, Gareth Gates. I'm intrigued as to how the new orchestrations come off, because apparently the songs have been made more poppy in places and things. This is in anticipation of whatever DVD/CD that'll be released for the 02 concert starring Alfie Boe, Norm Lewis and Nick Jonas among many others

I thought I'd pop this post in here in between my scheduled reviews of my holiday reads, and a couple of other things because I think once school starts I won't have *that* much time to write lots. I'm really, kind of, contemplating the whole vlogging thing after watching Rosianna's videos , but a) I don't know how long my camera lasts and b) I ramble. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment