Friday, March 26, 2010

This Week



Wednesday

This, my dear friends, is London School of Economics & Political Sciences (phew) library. Isn't it amazing!? I didn't manage to see it in person on Wednesday, due to timing etc, but it's pretty darn impressive in picture form. LSE itself was pretty darn impressive, I attended talks on Government (which is so-called as the founders intended the course to be for people that want to govern) and Social Policy (which was fascinating), as well as one on applying (75% academic and 25% extra-curricular information in your personal statement).
I really loved the place. It's in pretty much central London, you can walk to Covent Garden. It's near some of the most presitigious law firms in London, as well as being in easy reach of the City and of Westminster, with internships avaliable for all of those places. It has it's very own Waterstones [where I bought The Master & Margarita], and the accomodation I saw in Holborn was suprisingly big-but expensive.
LSE isn't my favourite course wise, but it was a great place, and the fact the lecturers kept stressing the academic quality of it didn't bother me so much-my school spends a lot of time reminding us how academic they are (I should be writing my English coursework now, but hey). I sort of felt like I'd fit in there...Next up is Warwick on the 8th May and Birmingham on the 25th June.



Thursday

I was hoping to get hold of one of my friends' huge collection of photos (which featured London Tourist, Policeman-Holding-Machine-Gun, London Business Man, BBC Man), but she hasn't uploaded them as of yet. So this is stolen from Google-but it has the right weather...
We went off to a French Conference in a church (for some reason) in London, very very close to Westminster. Lots of very important (and some handsome) suited guys walking around-using free newspapers as umbrellas. Ate too much chocolate. Learnt how to play 21 (the serious way) and Irish Snap on the train. Was served by a very pierced barista in Cafe Nero. Came to the conclusion that London is more fun with friends.
I don't really remember much from the French conference, apart from the fact that French music is awful and French men are really exuberant. Oh, and private-schooled London teenagers are brilliant at French.

Tonight? I'll be spend time with my Mum, popcorn, Ben & Jerry's and the first disc of the first series of The West Wing.
Weekend? Extended Project presentation and English coursework on Hamlet and Duchess of Malfi

No comments:

Post a Comment