Friday, March 19, 2010

Forgive Me Blogosphere...

I have been a Bad Blogger (note the capitals) of late. Indeed, I haven't posted since I was 16! (though, that was only a couple of weeks ago).

So what on earth have I been up to?:

Good Things That Have Happened:
  • I turned 17! Recieved lots and lots of lovely things. And a giant balloon, which is still floating around my room
  • I saw Alice in Wonderland and it was wonderful (: Stephen Fry is brilliant just voicing the Cheshire Cat, and Helena Bonham-Carter & Johnny Depp do their thing as The Red Queen and The Mad Hatter respectably. The only mild disappointment was Mia Wasikowsa as Alice, but that may generally be down to the fact that I grew up with the Disney version, so am used to a little girl Alice
  • I got my paws on the Love Never Dies original cast recording, and I like it (: Plus, it has taken me back to my First Ever musical soundtrack The Phantom of the Opera
  • I didn't at all fail General Studies AS-Level. In fact, I got 100% on one of the papers!
  • I didn't totally fail French mock (: I'm sitting on 91/110 so far, but awaiting Speaking mark (which will probably bring it downn-due to my lack of revision of Why I Would Not Want to be on Reality TV)
  • Finished Hamlet in English Literature (: just got the final bit of Duchess of Malfi to go...and then two volumes of Pride & Prejudice to go with my other (far less brilliant) teacher
  • CHESS IS COMING TO NOTTINGHAM IN NOVEMBER. And me and my friend are definitly going (: yayy.

Not-So-Good Things That Have Happened:

  • Lots of people didn't do so well in their AS-Level modules, which made me feel sorta bad about my good mood that day
  • Lots&Lots&Lots&Lots of evill deadlines are creeping up, most notably my Extended Project, which I need to have done this weekend *sobs*
  • Also, quite a few hours at work...think money...but think also lack of time and also wondering around town for hours on Wednesday after my French mock-having a coffee alone....*sniffs*

Things Coming Up:

  • London School of Economics Open Day-24th March
  • French Conference, also in London-25th March
  • Last Day of Term (:-1st April
  • Holidayyyyy-3rd April-10th April
  • Night of 1000 Voices & General London Fun-2nd May-3rd May
  • Warwick University Open Day-8th May

No comments:

Post a Comment