Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Small Rant

Dear My History Class (most of you),

Whilst I appreciate that you, and your peers, may find the Tudors insufferable. I appreciate that you may find old history slightly more challenging. I appreciate that you may not be filled with joy at having to do the Tudors next year.

BUT.

I will not be made to feel guilty for refusing to sign you letter demanding that we change the course. We all made our decision to study History at A-Level knowing the course syllabus. I have been on the course website and looked up the course that you wish to replace our current one with and it is exactly the same as our GCSE course. Whilst you may feel that this strengthens your chances of passing your A2, it will also strenghten your chances of getting incredibly bored (again) when you realise that you have already done the work.

So no. I will not be signing your petition. Because I personally think that studying Mary Tudor will be really interesting. Plus we get to look at politics. Yes please.

Yours sincerely,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment