Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

I'm not a huge fan of V-Day. And no, it's not just because I'm a jealous singleton. As I am not. I find it slightly weird that people feel that it is the one day in the year that they simply must prove that they love their boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/partner or face severe punishment.

However, I thought I may put out a word for the things I love:

  • My family. The old adage of you being able to choose your friends but not your family is actually a good thing in my case. See, I make notoriously bad decisions about friends over the past couple of years, and my family has been my rock. Especially my Mum, whose been through a lot herself and still wants to make sure I'm okay.
  • My friends. I traded in my bad choice of friends last June, after much tears, soul-searching and not much sleep. However, I instead landed myself with three of the kindest, most honest people I've ever been around.
  • My cat. Tiggy is probably the dumbest animal you will ever meet (she chases her own tail. seriously) but she is a big ball of fluffy happiness. She purrs like a dynamo.
  • Musicals. I could do a complete series of blog entries on my favourites (...oooo...) but just to give you a clue: Chess (in both London & B'way forms), Les Miserables, Parade, The Secret Garden, The Sound of Music, Rent, Company, Evita, Into the Woods, Oklahoma, Wicked, West Side Story....
  • Comedy panel shows.
  • Shoes, Bags & various accessories. I think it's inherited from my mother.
  • Books. There are perfect for escaping and learning and a life without books would be miserable. Some of my favourites include Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte, American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
  • Trench coats. Especially stupidly expensive Burberry ones which I can not afford.
  • Dresses. I love them. I cannot wait for summer and an ability to wear them more often.
  • London.
  • Spain, especially Morira, near Valencia, which I've been visiting since I was about...gosh...six. It's a beautiful place, not overly touristy and it's a place to completely relax
  • Politics. I find it totally fascinating. I am praying that one day we'll have a government that realises that the 16-18 bracket are just as capable as voting as those other 18+
  • French. Whilst I'm not brilliant at my lessons I think the language is beautiful.
  • Josh Groban's voice. Seriously. It relaxes me no end.
  • Horseriding. Although I don't do it so much anymore, nothing feels better than racing around on a horse.
  • Coffee Shops. They are life saving establishments.

Happy Valentine's Day

x

No comments:

Post a Comment