Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lundi-Gras, Mardi-Gras & Mecredi-Pas-Gras

So; it was Pancake Day yesterday-probably the only day of the year my Mum actually makes pancakes.

But now I can make them myself, and I can provide myself with yummy pancakes whenever I wish. As me and my friends got together chez moi to celebrate Pancake Monday (or Lundi-Gras). The reason being that one of my friends, Anna, is in Bath for a few days for holiday and university examining. So, we piled into the kitchen and made pancakes from scratch on a gas oven (which they didn't really know how to use. Something called electricty is apparently now all the rage!)

I was pretty happy with the results, after the first couple of rather skinny disasters-impossible to flip over. Anna came armed with blue food colouring and made herself a 'smurf pancake'. Tasted the same, only bluey-green in colour!

On another note, my Valentine's gift to myself arrived today. A pair of New Look creamy-pinky courts that I've been mooning over since last summer-thankfully they're still in stock and lovely. I also picked up a pair of white framed sunglasses-which are whiter than you think, but for £3 were an absolute steal.

I am however loving the denim shirts. But what does one wear them with? I have a pair of brogues coming for my birthday (I hope) and it would seem that they'd go nicely. It just seems bizarre that double denim has been such a NO for so long, and now its acceptable again.

(Blogger's playing up and refusing to add pictures. Grr.)

Also, finished Extended Project plan, typed up every piece of French writing I've done and started History revision mind-maps.

Happy half-term 'holiday'

No comments:

Post a Comment