Saturday, January 23, 2010

Paused

There's been a bit of a gap between posts...I shall try an account for this:
  • Two General Studies exams, neither of which I believe has gone particularly well
  • My Dad's birthday
  • Being scared out of my wits by a talk about personal statements ('the single most important piece of writing you will ever do') at school
  • Working
  • Essays
  • Being ill

The pro about the latter thing is that I finally managed to sleep okay and had a day off work yesterday, which mainly involved just sleeping. However, am slightly frustrated that mother rang up work to say I was sick and then didn't click that next Saturday is the weekend I've asked to have off (yet again, work seem to turn a blind eye everytime I mention the days I need off to them). This means that I'll probably have to phone them tomorrow (not looking forward to that conversation). Which means I've been stressing out about having to call them tomorrow. Which means I now feel worse.

Wonderful.

In other news, I've discovered Mad Men through my Dad's birthday gift of the first two series. It's brilliant.

I've also set up a LoveFilm account, awaiting La Vie en Rose, The West Wing-Series 1, (500) Days of Summer and St Trinians (the first one) among others

No comments:

Post a Comment