Wednesday, January 13, 2010

De quoi s'agit-il?

I've spent around 3 hours (an hour last night and two today) 'preparing' the French speaking task for tomorrow. Speaking tests tend to bring me out in a cold sweat when it comes to foreign languages. My French GCSE speaking exam terrified me so much, that when my French teacher played the tape to get it to the right place for the next person, I could my voice shaking. GCSE Spanish was even harder, on account of the fact we learned the entire language in two years to enter Higher Tier speaking (which is when you can gain A*-C, anything less is ungraded). We had one practice before the actual exam, resulting in even more terror than French.

Of course, at AS/A-Level they make it harder by throwing in an unknown examiner. You have to go into a room and speak French with someone you have never met (panics).

They could make it more interesting than having these questions on our speaking cards:

De quoi s'agit-il?
Est-ce que l'avenir du cinema est vraiment menace par les DVDs?
Quels sont les avantages d'aller regarder un film au cinema?
Est-ce qu'il y a les inconvenients?
Pourqoui est-ce que les films si sont populaires chez les jeunes?

Moving on..
I should have actually gone to French Speaking class today, but the ice on the roads was stupid and I was terrified of leaving it too late and it might have started snowing or something (which it did later).
I've rediscovered the joy of actually reading before bed, something I haven't done for ages. Thoroughly enjoying Sittenfeld's An American Wife.
Sorted my Dad's present, he will be recieving this, he adores the book so now he can put this on his iPod (ah, thoughtful daughter)
Speaking of the cinema, I'm going to see St Trinians 2 tomorrow afternoon, after school. Will be nice (:
You know the whole 'I won't let work make me feel guilty' thing, I feel awful that I'm not there tonight...sometimes I wonder why I put myself through all this "/

ALSO!
This is my wonderful, slightly mental, cat-Tiggy. Because she features prominently in my life (ie, I'm the one she wakes up for food). Tonight she managed to pull a band poster off my wall and then decided to sleep within my curtains. Now she's on her normal spot, under the radiator on the landing on top of the hot-water pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment